Frequently Asked Questions
Health VentureLab is in close collaboration with its academic and business partners, backed strongly by the EU regulatory environment through EIT Health.
It’s main purpose is to nurture young teams and businesses so that they succeed in bringing innovative healthcare products to market.
Why is this good?
- Industrial partners look for talented businesses they can work with in the long run. This cooperation could support strengthening their own products, speeding up developments, help expanding their customer base, while outsourcing risky uncertain innovations.
- Academic partners benefit from a clearer path for bringing their research to market.
All partners are interested in building a sustainable startup ecosystem, where talent remains and innovation thrives.
- All partners are interested in building an ecosystem, where talent remain and innovation thrives.
This could only work because:
- Partners are dedicated in nurturing, but not suffocating startups. This means that coaches delegated by the partners are equipped with the right knowledge to not walk into dangerous IP territory; not asking for equity for joining the program and
- Partners see the benefit of early stage companies operating by themselves, supported by established players, rather than small companies who are in practice subsidiaries of a large company.
- Partners see Startups as potential partnerships, who can bring ideas to market that just wouldn’t fit into their own business modell. Most often established companies know about the technological opportunities but don’t or can’t take the business risk of realizing it.
Health VentureLab as part of EIT Health Bootcamps is an intensive acceleration program to develop individual and team business competencies, while at the same time allowing participants to explore and develop their ambitious health-related business ideas. Troughout the six-month program it offers monthly trainings and tailored coaching. Health VentureLab helps the participating teams expand their business potential and get ready for funding. Trainings are held in Budapest at the heart of a rapidly growing startup ecosystem in Central Europe and Lodz, Poland. The project is driven by GE Healthcare, a leading technology provider of medical imaging, monitoring, biomanufacturing, cell and gene therapy technologies.
Health VentureLab (HVL) Budapest will offer 6 month long acceleration program starting in April for candidates with an entrepreneurial mindset who want to explore their personal and team business competencies to develop their ambitious health-related business ideas. HVL Budapest offers intensive monthly training sessions, coaching and a Europe-wide network within EIT Health. HVL is an unique program that combines professional expertise, resources and tailored coaching to help startups to grow.
Participants will acquire cutting-edge professional knowledge and skills along the program thath will help to develop the strategic, organizational, networking and financial basis of a growth-oriented firm.
- March 13. 2019. Application deadline – you can apply later but note that we start evaluating after this date!
- 1-5. April 2019. Interviews
- 10. April 2019. Announcement of acceptances
- 24-26. April Launch Day
Early stage life-science and Healthcare teams/companies
Startups/Teams registered as companies with or close to an MVP.
EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Romania
H2020 Associated Countries in Europe: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Georgia, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine
During the acceleration period, the teams will have sprints each month and flexible coaching in-between. For this reason, we expect the following commitment from the candidates.
- To participate in person at least 5 out of 6 sprints (Obligatory: Launchday! and Demo Day!)
- Regularly talk with your process coach
- To communicate clearly if anything changes in your startup and provide accurate data on your progress